Genesis Gymnastics Club has adopted and implements all British Gymnastics rules and guidelines regarding Health & Safety, Child Protection & Welfare and Equity. Details of these can be found on www.british-gymnastics.org .
GDPR - we have now written to all our parents to gain consent for use of personal data. With the legisation due to come into force on 25th May, we need this to be completed and we are nearly there. For thos who are not sure what the fuss is all about, this is legislation which was initiated by the European Union and has been addopted by the UK. We have to abide by and be seen to deliver the 6 Principles of General Data Protection Regulation, to ensure:
1. Lawfulness, Fairness & transparency
2. Purpose Limitation
3. Data Minimisation
5. Storage Limitation
6. Confidentiality & Integrity
There is a lot of detail and legal language behind all of this. If you would like more information, please talk to us.
Club Rules and Codes of Conduct
When you join us, you are asked to sign a copy of our club rules. To see a copy of these click the link below.
In keeping with British Gymnastics standards requirements for GymMark Clubs, we have codes of conduct, applicable to gymnasts, parents and coaches. Again, codes of conduct for gymnasts and parents will be given to you when or after you join. To see a copy of these click the link below.
WE BELIEVE STRONGLY IN THE GYMNASTS BILL OF RIGHTS
• The right of opportunity to participate in the sport regardless of ability
• The right to have qualified leadership
• The right to participate in a safe environment
• The right of the child to share in leadership and decision making in the sport
• The right to have fun through sport
• The right to proper preparation for participation
• The right to play as a child and not as an adult
• The right to an equal opportunity to strive for success
• The right to be treated with dignity by all concerned
Parents - if you don't think we deliver these, please talk to us